- Hi Friends Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Last week I wrote my entire Sunday 7 post then accidentally deleted it. This week you better believe I’m saving as I go. I’m not a huge football fan but I love a good spread (as in food not points) and love trying different apps and dessert. Not sure what to bring to your party? Print Super Bowl Bingo its something everyone can get into even if you aren’t a super fan. Everyone can put in a few dollars for each board, winner takes all! After Super Bowl Sunday we’re going to need to get alittle back on track. This week I’m sharing a few things that have helped our family with meal prep.
- Lately, I’m all about getting my greens and protein from smoothies. One thing I also mentioned in my Gear Up fitness blog post is the plant based Vega protein I love. They now sell it at Costco for $29.99 for 35.3oz which is a deal for what I paid for it originally at Whole Paycheck. Interesting fact on protein, I learned on average you should have .4g of protein/lb of body weight. So an 100 lb person should have about 40 grams of protein. On egg has about 6g of protein.
- This Acai Berry Smoothie is one of my favorites. The greek yogurt has protein and I add a scoop of Vega too.
Açaí Berry Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3.5 oz packet of unsweetened açaí berry puree (from Trader Joe’s frozen aisle)
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups OJ (Trader Joe’s Florida OJ is best!)
- 1/2 cup water
- This one is super simple – just place all the ingredients in the blender and pulse until desired consistency.
- Here’s a tip too. Save your smoothie extras and put in a mason jar with lid, super easy for an on the go snack they they are dishwasher safe.
- In my Gear Up I mentioned my new Apple Airpods. After a week I can say they live up to the hype and are worth every penny. I bought two pairs of bluetooth wireless headphones on Amazon before these and returned. I couldn’t even walk on the treadmill without them falling out.
- I love these because: #1 they work 35-45 feet, #2 they actually stay in your ears #3 just double tap on them to ask Siri to turn up or down your volumn or make a call. I love being hands free and blissfully dream of putting laundry away while listening to podcasts hands free. Here’s a video that shows more on them.
7. This week on Instastories I shared what I make the Twins for lunch. Variety is the spice of life and love the lunchable feel. I use these Sistema food storage containers (which are great for the whole family). They come with a fork, knife, and a removable cup with lid in the middle that can hold salad dressing or dips like hummu. Finn’s allergic to tree nuts so I also use Mabel’s Labels to label his with a tree nut allergy label along with name. It’s a helpful reminder for everyone. I also use Mabel’s Labels to label all their stuff including snow gear coats, hats, gloves, scarf, boots, Reese’s dance shoes.
Have a great week!