We are just less than one week into 2017 and I'm already enjoying this NEW YEAR. It's been nice to recharge and reset, and I feel so ready and excited to jump into this year and make it my best yet. If you read my New Years Day post, I shared a quote I love...
“A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.” ~Harvey MacKay
This year I have so much I'd like to accomplish both personally and professionally. If I share my intentions with you all it's a great way for me to not only put pen to paper but be more accountable than ever to actually meet my deadlines. So here we go...
- Schedule. I need to actually put together a content schedule for my blog. Sometimes it might (or might not) look like I post on the fly, but I do. Most often I decide daily what I want to post, so this year I'm going to actually plan ahead.
- Content. Speaking of content I want to expand on my existing content and include more Travel, Food, Recipe, and Beauty.
- Writing. I want to write and post more blog posts weekly. I've always loved writing so this is a fun outlet to hone my writing skills and improve on my proofreading.
- Photo editing. I've been taking and editing my photos but I want to learn all the in's and out's of Lightroom & Photoshop
- Networking. For Christmas, my hubby surprised me with a trip in March to a blogger convention in Beverly Hills (I'm SUPER excited). I've absolutely loved meeting so many talented bloggers and would love to continue to network and collaborate in 2017.
- Let Go and Let God. 2016 was a tough year health-wise. I want to remember that some things are out of my control and it's best to just let go - what is meant to be will happen.
- Get Organized. I'm taking it back old school and keeping a paper calendar friends! I purchased this adorable Kate Spade one from Paper Source and love it! I've definitely become more forgetful. Since I'm a visual person jotting down notes, dates, and events in addition to keeping a GOOGLE calendar will make life easier.
- New experiences. Once a week, I want to do something special with my kiddos. It's so easy to get stuck in a routine; one way to try to keep things fresh is to intentionally mix things up and do something new, whether that be trying a craft, going on an adventure, taking a nature walk, or playing a new game, etc. These new experiences will create amazing memories for all of us.
- Finish decorating. We're slowly getting settled and making each room just right for us - and some rooms are done - but our master bedroom and sitting room, the guest bedroom, and the kitchen are all still a work in progress. I'd love to continue our Home Tour Reveal and share those spaces with all of you.
- Stay creative. I want to challenge myself to paint, take pictures, maybe learn calligraphy? The sky is the limit. Instead of picking up the smartphone or the TV remote, I'll pick up a book instead.
What are your top professional and personal goals for this year? Let me know in the comments below!