Good Morning Friends!
Our home remodel finish line is in site. Construction started on our first floor remodel at the beginning of August. We are so very grateful to be able to make updates to our home. It’s alittle different now with having two little ones and one on the way. You want to make sure everyone is comfortable and the kids aren’t too disrupted from their everyday routine. They are creatures of habit and it can disconcerting for everyone to be uprooted while listening and living through construction.
Here are 5 simple tips to help you survive a remodel project in your home:
- Make it an adventure “let’s go camping”- We set up a makeshift kitchen in our dining room complete with metal shelves that became our pantry. Our refridgerator, microwave, and food were at arms reach for meals we ate at home.
- Get outside- In a perfect world we would have started our remodel earlier this summer when I really wanted to but the stars did not align. If you can select warmer weather months it’s helpful for just planning a picnic in the park or eating lunch in your backyard. I’ve tried to get the kids out as much as possible after school planning different activities.
- Plan on spending more than you normally do- We had to give ourselves some grace. Eating more meals out costs more. Just know this too shall pass.
- Lean on your support system- I’m so thankful to our neighbors that have had the kids for extra play dates and my parents that let us stay at their place.
- Caffeine- I’m kidding but this is most helpful! White staying at my parents I actually brought along our Hamilton Beach FlexBrew. It’s magic because you can brew just one cup (on the right) and a full pot (on the left). It’s perfect because I prefer decaf coffee & tea, but Jim and my parents love black caffeinated coffee. Everyone is happy and it cuts down on your waste.
As we approach moving back in and go full speed into the holidays the FlexBrew is a lifesavor especially if you are entertaining. Your able to give your guests more choices and make them simultaneously. It would also make a great holiday gift. You can shop it here on Amazon Prime and use PROMO CODE 10FLEXBREW for 10% off your purchase.
I look forward to sharing our finished remodel with you on the blog in the upcoming months.
Thank you to Hamilton Beach for sponsoring this post